Many people think that increasing sales depends on heavy traffic but the reverse is the case. In this article, I'll show you ten simple ways to increase your profits without heavy advertisement.
1. Give people a free online utility. When you offer a utility that can solve a person's problem, people will definitely visit your web site.
2. Offer a free affiliate/reseller program. When you offer people a free opportunity to make money they will line up to visit your web site.
3. Supply news stories related to your site. People want current news on the topics they are interested in. You could also include new "how to" articles.
4. Offer your visitors a free community. People like to have a place where they can have discussions with others on a particular subject.
5. Make people feel safe when they order. Explain to them you won't sell their e-mail address and all their personal information will be kept confidential.
6. Offer free samples or trials of your product. This will let people experience your product and attract people to your web site.
7. Make your ad copy attractive. Your ad should lists benefits before the features. Include guarantees and testimonials in your ad.
8. Remind people to come back and visit your site. They usually don't purchase the first time. The more times they visit, the greater the chance they'll buy.
9. Let people know anything about your business history. They'll feel more comfortable if they know who they are buying from.
10. Give people as many ordering options. Accept credit cards, checks, money orders, and other forms of electronic payments.