This article is a sequel to articles on how to draw more traffic to your website.
1. Polls: Hold an interactive poll on your website. Ask visitors a poll question. Have them e-mail their vote or opinion. People love to give their 2 cents worth. They would also like to read the results the next day or week on your website.
2. Prize Drawings: Hold an ongoing prize drawing on your website. The prizes should be something of interest or value to your subscribers. Most people who enter will continually revisit your website to get the results.
3. Original Content: Give your visitors content they can't read anywhere else. I'm not saying all your content has to be 100% original, but a portion of your website should have original information. People will usually read information they haven't read before.
4. Quiz: Give your visitors a quiz or a series of trivia questions. Post the correct answers weekly on your website. The people who participate will want to come back to your site to see if they were right.
5. News: Supply news stories related to your website topic. People want current and up-to-date news. If you can be their first source, they will become repeat visitors to your website.
6. Jokes: Give your visitors a little humor now and then. Don't be so serious; tell them a joke. If they associate your website with being happy they will visit again and again.
7. Free Stuff: People love to get free stuff. List free stuff on your website.
It could be software, services, sample products, e-books etc. The freebies should be related to your website topic. Keep the freebies coming and your visitors will return regularly.
8. Directories: Tell your subscribers about websites related to your website topic. The websites should be interesting and helpful. Become your readers' website directory and they will come back.