Electronic (digital) books or E-books, as they are popularly called, have become a very lucrative and popular business today. Compare to the traditional publishing, producing and supplying a book digital is less expensive and less time consuming. However, many have rushed into the e-book production business and got their fingers burnt just because they didn't ask themselves a few questions I'm sharing with you in this article before they started the business.
1. What will be the title of your e-book and will it have a subtitle?
2. Will you be the only author or will there be other co-authors?
3. Will you publish a print version of your e-book?
4. How many pages will your e-book be?
5. Will your e-book contain graphics, pictures or charts?
6. Will your e-book include an appendix and index?
7. Will you ask other authors to contribute related articles to your e-book?
8. What file formats will your e-book be available in—text, pdf, exe, html, etc.?
9. Will your e-book be sold as a product or will your e-book be used as a promotional tool?
10. Who will be your e-book's target audience?
11. What major benefit does your e-book give your target audience?
12. Will you offer your prospects a guarantee and testimonials to read?
13. Will you include a bibliography about yourself in the e-book?
14. What personal information will you include about yourself in the e-book?
15. What colours and graphic(s) will be included on the e-book cover?
16. Will you let your prospects read free sample chapters or excerpts to entice them?
17. Will you turn the e-book into other information products like videos, audio books, teleclass, etc?
18. What type of payments will you accept for the e-book?
19. Will you allow others to give away your free promotional e-book?
20. Will you be selling the reprint rights to your e-book?